Sunday, June 7, 2015

Water fasting: Day 13

I hear people talking about muslims fasting. Staying away from food for 12 hours? I do that on accident every once in a while. When I say 13 days, I mean 13 x 24-hours. The real pangs of fasting don't kick in until after 48 hours, so... you know... I'm not saying Ramadan is not a fast, but really? Reeeeeally?
Last night I kept having nightmares about eating. It's not like I don't want to eat, but I kept finding myself with a piece of pizza in my mouth thinking "Oh yeah! I was fasting. CRAP!"
I hear people with anorexia gain some sort of pleasure from the sense of starving. I have some good news: I'm not anorexic.
I wish there was some please derived from this, but I'm just tired and bored most of the time.
Still no real hunger, the nausea is subsiding.
When I worked as a correctional officer I talked a lot to heroin-addicts and they'd tell me the worst part of quitting heroin is not the physical part, it's the boredom of living a normal life.
That's not a very cheerful way of ending this, is it? I'll do a weigh in and new pics tomorrow. That'll be fun!

Happy fasting!

No comments:

Post a Comment